Metro Detroit high school juniors and seniors encouraged to apply for a rewarding paid summer internship
Bank of America is now accepting applications for the 2023 Student Leaders® program through January 13, 2023. For metro Detroit students interested in a rewarding summer internship, with a passion for community engagement, this summer initiative is a great opportunity.
The Student Leaders program is part of the bank’s ongoing commitment to recognize youth who lead and serve in their communities and beyond, connecting young people with the tools and resources inspiring them to make a positive difference.
“Investing in youth employment and our future leaders is the goal of our Student Leaders program,” said Matt Elliott, President, Bank of America Michigan. “Participants come from diverse backgrounds, which along with the program’s curriculum, provides our Student Leaders with an enhanced learning experience to further develop their leadership skills and make a difference in their communities.”
Each year, the program connects more than 300 high school juniors and seniors from nearly 100 communities to employment, skills development and service. Student Leaders will have paid summer jobs at a local nonprofit organization, will participate in a leadership summit in Washington, D. C., and will learn financial skills through Bank of America’s Better Money Habits®.
To become a Student Leader, students must be:
- A high school junior or senior in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb counties;
- Able to participate in an eight-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization and work 35 hours a week;
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship through the end of September 2023;
- Able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. (July 17 – July 24, 2023 with all expenses paid as part of their eight-week experience;
- A student in good standing at their school;
- Able to submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, guidance counselor or school administrator. (Students are encouraged to contact their recommender as soon as possible to provide them with the requirements listed at the end of the application. The letter must be submitted with your application by the application January 13 deadline or through the link by end of day on Monday, January 16.)
Prospective Student Leaders can apply online at www.bankofamerica.com/studentleaders